When a scanned PDF file has to be edited, it may be a major pain to deal with. All of the content, including text, graphics, and forms, appears to be the same. In order to make changes to a scanned document, you’ll need a PDF editor that’s capable of recognizing text and images.
PDF editors with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) functionality will make it simple to make changes to the scanned document. In this article, you will learn how to use UPDF to edit a scanned PDF file.
Can You Edit a Scanned PDF?
Yes. It is possible to make changes to a scanned PDF document as well as an image document that has been scanned. There are two typical approaches to choose from.
You have the ability to modify the scanned document in Microsoft Word after first converting the PDF into an editable Word document.
Alternately, the scanned PDF can be converted into a searchable and editable PDF before the editing process begins. You may easily complete any approach as long as you utilize appropriate software, such as UPDF.
Using UPDF, it is simple to edit a scanned PDF file into an editable PDF file. This is an extremely user-friendly and adaptable converter. OCR PDF files in a professional manner is possible with the program.
It ensures consistency, accuracy, and the appropriate level of security, therefore preserving the privacy and confidentiality of the information you provide.
Using the OCR function, you will be able to modify a scanned PDF all at once. Because of this, using it is an efficient use of one’s time.
The following are the most common function of UPDF:
- Edit text and images of your PDF files.
- Annotate PDF files by using features like comment, strikethrough, highlight and more.
- OCR PDF files to edit the text in your documents. It is really simple and efficient to edit a scanned PDF with UPDF application.
- Organize the PDF pages based on multiple factors like page range and more.
- Share your PDF documents with your friends or colleagues.
How to Make PDF Editable
Follow these steps to know how to make PDF editable using OCR tool of UPDF:
- Download and Install the UPDF application on your computer.
- Open your PDF document in UPDF application. If you are using the OCR function for the first time, you will have to install it.
- Navigate to the right side of the panel and click on “OCR” button. A pop-up will appear prompting you to download the OCR. Click on the download button. Now, you will be redirected to a plugin tab. Wait for a few minutes till the OCR completion is completed.
- After successfully installing the OCR feature, go back to the document and again click on the “OCR” button from the right-hand panel.
- Now that you have installed the UPDF, it will open the OCR tool. Click on the “Searchable PDF” option.
- You can set the page layout and page range and other settings.
- Now, click on “Perform OCR” and your Scanned PDF will be converted to an editable PDF.
Part 4. More features of UPDF
Let’s have a look at some of the most important features that distinguish UPDF distinct from other software programs that are similar in nature and are currently in use. The fact that it’s cost-effective is a major plus, but it also has other benefits, too:
- Features for making perfectly done edits to PDF documents, both to the text and to the pictures inside them.
- Tools for adding comments to PDF documents, with a wide variety of tools available, such as post-it notes, text boxes, highlights, stamps, signatures, and so on.
- Conversion of PDF files to various forms such as Text, RTF, Word, CSV, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as image formats such as JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP, XML, PDF/A, and HTML, in a quick and precise manner, while preserving the original structure and format of the file.
- A PDF reader that is comfortable on the eyes and features a number of different reading modes.
- User-friendly page management for PDF files, allowing you to rotate, reorganize, extract, split, replace, and remove PDF pages as needed.
- The capacity to allow users to password-protect PDFs by encrypting the documents and providing them with the opportunity to do so.
When it comes to file formats, scanned PDF documents are among the most troublesome. It is impossible to make changes to a scanned PDF since all of the text, diagrams, graphics, and pictures are combined into a single huge image file.
To make editing a scanned document more convenient, it is often necessary to break down the large image into smaller parts. For that reason, we recommend you use UPDF.