The distance between two points of the arc of a circle is known as arc length. Finding the length of an irregular arc segment is known as rectification of the curve. The small part or surface of the circle is known as an arc
Types of arc :
- Minor arc: As the name represents, its length is minor as per another arc i.e. any arc whose length is less than 180 degrees is known as a minor arc.
- Major arc: Next we came to major arc as the name represents it is the largest arc among all i.e. the arc which is greater than 180 degrees is known as major arc.
- Semicircle: The last one is semicircle as the name indicates, the arc should make a semicircle i.e. an arc that is greater than 180 degrees is known as a semicircle.
How to Find the Length of an Arc
- First, we have to divide the chord length by doubling the ratio.
- Then find the inverse sign of the radians
- Then double the result of the inverse sign by the central angle in radians
- Then multiply the central angle in radians with radius, then we’ll get the arc length.
With the help of these steps, I hope you’ll get how to calculate the arc length
Arc length = 2 π r (θ/360°)
r = radius
Π = 3.14
Θ = the angle of the arc ( which is at the center of the circle)
And 360 is the complete angle of the arc.
Example: In a circle, there is an arc of 30 degrees of the center of the circle whose radius is 6 cm. Calculate the length of the arc.
To find the radius we will use the formula arc length = 2 π r (θ/360°) so now let’s put the given value in formula 2 * 3.14 * 6 * 30/360 so after calculating the answer will be 3.14. This is how we find the length.
So today we will learn about one of the most important topics of mathematics which is arc length in an easy and fun way with the help of an amazing website Cuemath. Many students are unable to get the concept in the classroom due to lack of concentration or other curricular activities or there could be many reasons so this program is basically designed for those students. It has engaging sessions with fun activities and games. This made mathematics so easy and interesting that students don’t take it as a burden, they enjoy solving equations. The most difficult problem that became a hurdle in success is willpower. Nowadays students are not willing to study as they take things as a burden on them, the reason is maybe their interest is not generated on the subject.
But don’t worry Cuemath came up with a solution, it made learning fun and interesting, which helps students in generating interest in their course. It provides concept sheets, simulations, practice questions, videos, puzzle cards, reasoning, and application-based questions. With the help of recorded videos students can immediately clear their concepts while facing doubts, their practice paper will help in building confidence regarding their preparation, and games and fun activities will be an interesting way to learn with fun. After knowing all these concepts of this program, I hope you will be excited to learn from it.